UPDATES & POSTPONEMENTS DUE TO COVID-19
In compliance with CDC recommendations on social distancing to keep infections of coronavirus (COVID-19) at a minimum, we’ll be closing the Calico Hutch for in-store shopping only, effective immediately. As soon as it is safe and recommended to do so, we will reopen our shop for those coming in person to purchase products.
With that said, we will NOT be closing our shop for those wishing to purchase online or over the phone.
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has entered our communities and surrounding states, please know we are stepping up our efforts to keep our staff and customers safe in the following ways:
- We have educated our staff about the importance of staying healthy
- We have encouraged anyone feeling ill to stay home
- We have our staff washing their hands frequently throughout the day while working
- We have our staff wiping down the cashier, cutting counters, office areas, and all high-touch surfaces regularly and throughout the day.
SPRING BUS TRIPS:
April 18 & 19 - Quilter's Spring Break Bus Tour -
Rescheduled to June 13 & 14
April 25 & 26 - Heartland Americana Bus Trip -
Rescheduled to June 27 & 28
*Watch for a letter in the mail for more details.
CLUBS AND CLASSES:
April 1 - Spiral Star Class - postponed
April 4 - Joyce's Club - cancelled
April 4 - The Pines Class - postponed
April 7 - Clothesline Club - cancelled
April 9 - Lucky Stars Class - postponed
April 11 - Speedy Needle Club - cancelled
NEEDLES AND KNOTS WOOL CLUB:We can hold your class materials until next time we meet or for just $5.00 we will mail March pattern and kit to you. Call the shop to let us know.
MARCH BLOCK OF THE MONTH: NEEDLES AND KNOTS WOOL CLUB:
In response to growing concerns surrounding COVID-19, we have decided to cancel the March meeting for Block of the Month.This decision was made out of an abundance of caution, and in consideration of best practices recommended made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Minnesota Department of Health.
We will be mailing the pattern and kit for March.
The next time our club meets, we will check your block(s).
In addition, please watch your email for updates regarding
next months meeting as it becomes available.
The well-being of our customers is of the utmost importance to us. We appreciate our your patience, flexibility, and understanding as we navigate this rapidly changing situation.
SPRING QUILT RETREAT:
The health and safety of our customers and staff is of the utmost importance. At this time, due to the ongoing and widespread reported cases of COVID-19, we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone until August, the Calico Hutch’s Spring 2020 Retreat - "There's No Place Like Gnome."
This is out of an abundance of caution and in recognition of the current situation in Minnesota and surrounding states where many of you reside and would be traveling to and from. We recognize that we would be unable to provide you with the experience you expect from our retreats if the anxiety and worry about infection was constantly top of mind.
With that said, the Calico Hutch would like to offer four options, with regards to your payment. Please review these options and let us know which option best suits your situation.
- Caboose Retreat | August 3-5 (Monday-Wednesday)
- Extended stay for Caboose | Sunday, August 2
- Weekend Retreat | August 7-9 (Friday-Sunday)
- Extended stay for Retreat is Thursday, August 6
- First Weekend Retreat | April 9-11 (Friday-Sunday)
- Extended Stay for First Weekend | Thursday, April 8
- Caboose Retreat | April 12-14 (Monday- Wednesday)
- Extended Stay for Caboose | Thursday, April 15
- Second Weekend Retreat | April 16-18 (Friday-Sunday)
- Extended Stay for Second Weekend | Monday, April 19
- Sorry, there is no Extended Stay for the February Caboose Retreat
Please consider the above options and let us know your decision by April 15. Give us a call at 507-377-1163 to let us know your decision. After April 15 we will be opening up the rescheduled retreat to everyone. Also, be on the lookout for a letter we are mailing on Monday with all the above details.
We thank you for your understanding and appreciate your business during these challenging times.