Tuffet | (Beyond Beginner) | 2 Wednesdays | April 29 & May 13 | (1-4)
You will take home a finished tuffet under the guidance of Charlie. In the first class Charlie shows you how to make the covering. In the second class Charlie shows you how to assemble the tuffet, complete with a perfectly covered button and black feet. The popular round tuffet patterns and kits are also available.
- Patterns, tuffet hardware kits and fabric kits available
- Instructor Charlie Hoerth
- Pattern and kit or fabrics as needed according to the pattern (choose Feature Fabric Tuffet or Stripped Tuffet . . . the one on display at the Calico Hutch is a Stripped Tuffet)
- Sewing thread that matches with your fabric selection
- Straight pins
- Rotary Cutter
- Scissors for fabric and a small pair of scissors with a sharp point
- Best Press
- Sewing Machine
- Square Tuffet Hardware complete kit (Can purchase from the Calico Hutch)
- #1-7 on the pattern under “Square Tuffet Hardware Supply List (if you choose this option, prepare the wood by drilling the holes and putting the Tee nuts in. The directions for this are on p. 4 in the pattern. A picture of the bottom of the board to see where the holes need to be placed is also on p.4 on the right side, bottom half of the page. Glue the upholstery foam on so it will dry by class time).
If you happen to have any of the items listed under additional supplies #9-14, please bring them. A limited supply of these items will be available at the shop.