Lucky Stars | (Beginner Plus) | 2 Thursdays | April 9 & 23 | (6-8:30)Stars sparkle centered between scrappy sashings in the Lucky Stars by Atkinson Designs. Terry Atkinson writes an easy-to-follow pattern and Merle guides you through the process to completing the top. Calico Hutch has several versions from which to choose so you can get the result you are looking for. You’ll thank your lucky stars as Merle teaches you all you need to know to continue your quilting journey. This is truly a class for a beginner with just a bit of experience.
- Patterns and kits available
- Instructor Merle Stensrud
- Lucky Stars Pattern
- Kit or fabrics as needed according to the pattern
- Sewing machine in good working order, oil if needed
- Quarter foot sewing machine foot if you have one #39 (bring your accessory box if you are not sure)
- Basic sewing machine supplies (needle, thread, pins, scissors, seam ripper)
- All of the following supplies are available at class if you are unsure of exactly what to purchase (20% off discount in store for taking the class)
- 100% cotton thread that matches most of your fat quarters
- Rotary cutter with good blade
- Cutting mat (Calico Hutch has classroom has cutting mats your can use but good to have your own for future use)
- Shape cut ruler if you have one (the one with 1/2” slots for cutting) (I will demonstrate if you have never used one)
- Quilters Ruler 24” and if you have a 12” bring it along
- Optional - Shape cut ruler if you have one (the one with 1/2” slots for cutting and is 12x12”) (I will demonstrate if you have never used one)
- Optional – 9 ½” square ruler
- Cheap paper plates for hosting cut fabric and easy for transportation and stay organized
- Usual quilting supplies that you can think of such as pins, scissors, etc.
PREPARATION BEFORE CLASS:
- Steam press fabric with Best Press or spray sizing before class (not starch). Clip the fat quarters to a pants hanger to transport without wrinkles. Use steam. Spray sizing and Best Press available at the Calico Hutch.