Joseph’s Jacket | 1 Thursday | April 16 | (1-4)
All you need is 15 fat quarters plus binding!! This is one of Mike’s newest patterns to make a 46 x 53 bargello quilt with no seam-to-seam matching. Select the kit in beautiful peacock tones - or choose 15 FQs using your own colors. All straight line beginner sewing to make a stunning half-drop bargello throw.
- Patterns and kits available
- Instructor Mike Ellingsen
- Pattern and kit or fabrics as needed according to the pattern
- 15 Fat Quarters (you can add more FQs for a longer quilt) 1/2 yard binding
- Sewing machine with quarter inch sewing machine foot
- Basic sewing machine supplies (needle, thread, pins, scissors, seam ripper)
- Rotary cutting equipment (cutter, mat and rulers) 6” x 24” is a handy ruler size for this project cutting mat - 24” x 36” is helpful
- Painter’s tape - about 1 inch wide (NOT masking tape) - and marker
- Iron (with steam)
PREPARATION BEFORE CLASS:
- Please have fabrics pressed before class.
- To get a head start you can cut each of the FQs into (4) 4” x 22” (WOF) strips.
- Note -if you have enough fabric, you can cut 4-1/4” or 4-1/2” wide strips instead - this will give you a slightly longer quilt.