Turning Twenty | (Beginner) | 2 Thursdays | Jan 20 & Feb 3 | (1-3:30)
Turning Twenty is a tried and true pattern finishing in a large throw size to cuddle under on cold evenings. Merle will show you the basics of cutting, piecing, pressing and assembling your very own Turning Twenty. Pick a kit or choose your own fat quarters to make this ever-so-popular throw. Merle’s method of teaching makes her class both fun and relaxing. No pressure here, just a ton of fun and learning!
Instructor Merle Stensrud
- TURNING TWENTY BOOKLET (PATTERN)
- KIT OR FABRICS ACCORDING TO PATTERN
- BEFORE CLASS SUGGESTION: PRESS ALL FABRICS WITH "SPRAY SIZING" (NOT STARCH) OR "BEST PRESS" SPRAY SIZING AVAILABLE AT CALICO HUTCH. (HANDY HINT) CLIP THE FAT QUARTERS TO A SKIRT HANGER INSTEAD OF FOLDING THEM FOR EASY TRANSPORTATION WITHOUT NEW WRINKLES.
- SEWING MACHINE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER, OIL IF NEEDS IT
- QUARTER INCH SEWING MACHINE FOOT IF YOU HAVE ONE (BRING YOUR ACCESSORY BOX IF YOU'RE NOT SURE)
- NEW SIZE 80 NEEDLE
- 100% COTTON THREAD THAT MATCHES MOST OF YOUR FAT QUARTERS
- ROTARY CUTTER WITH SHARP BLADE
- CUTTING MAT (CALICO HUTCH CLASS ROOM HAS CUTTING MATS YOU CAN USE BUT GOOD TO HAVE YOUR OWN FOR FUTURE USE)
- QUILTER'S RULER 24" (IF YOU HAVE A 12" ALSO, BRING IT ALONG)
OPTIONAL RULER - SHAPE CUT RULER IF YOU HAVE ONE. (I WILL DEMONSTRATE HOW TO USE IT IN CLASS)
- CHEAP PAPER PLATES FOR HOSTING CUT FABRIC AND EASY TO TRANSPORT AND STAY ORGANIZED.
- USUAL QUILTING SUPPLIES YOU LIKE TO USE INCLUDING PINS, SCISSORS, SEAM RIPPER, “FORK PINS”, MARKING PEN, BLUE PAINT TAPE, ETC.
- ALSO BRING A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR, THIS WILL BE “FUN”!
- ALL OF THE FOLLOWING SUPPLIES ARE AVAILABLE AT CLASS IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF EXACTLY WHAT TO PURCHASE. (20% DISCOUNT FOR TAKING THE CLASS)