Ahoy Plus | (Beginner) | Mondays | March 9 & 23 | (6-8:30)
An interesting focal fabric paired with fun coordinates and an enlarged size, makes this the perfect throw. The Calico Hutch has several versions from which to choose so you can get the result you are looking for. Ahoy is a great beginner project made with the pattern “AHOY” by Villa Rosa Designs. Merle will teach you all you need to know to begin your quilting journey. This is truly a beginner for the beginners!
Patterns and kits available | Instructor Merle Stensrud | Class $35
- “AHOY” PATTERN - KIT OR FABRICS ACCORDING TO PATTERN BEFORE CLASS
- SEWING MACHINE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER, OIL IF NEEDED
- NEW SIZE 80 NEEDLE
- QUARTER FOOT SEWING MACHINE FOOT IF YOU HAVE ONE (BRING YOUR ACCESSORY BOX IF YOU'RE NOT SURE)
- ALL OF THE FOLLOWING SUPPLIES ARE AVAILABLE AT CLASS IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF EXACTLY WHAT TO PURCHASE. (20% DISCOUNT FOR TAKING THE CLASS)
- 100% COTTON THREAD THAT MATCHES MOST OF YOUR FABRICS
- ROTARY CUTTER WITH GOOD BLADE
- CUTTING MAT (CALICO HUTCH CLASS ROOM HAS CUTTING MATS YOU CAN USE BUT GOOD TO HAVE YOUR OWN FOR FUTURE USE)
- QUILTER'S RULER 24" (IF YOU HAVE A 12" ALSO, BRING IT ALONG)
- OPTIONAL RULER - SHAPE CUT RULER (HAS 1/2" SLOTS AND IS 12" x 12" PLASTIC FORM. I WILL DEMONSTRATE HOW TO USE IT IN CLASS)
- OPTIONAL RULER – 10 1/2 INCH SQUARE RULER
- PAPER PLATES FOR HOSTING CUT FABRIC AND EASY TO TRANSPORT AND STAY ORGANIZED
- USUAL QUILTING SUPPLIES – PINS, SCISSORS, ETC.
PREPARATION BEFORE CLASS:
- PRESS ALL FABRICS WITH "SPRAY SIZING" (NOT STARCH) OR "BEST PRESS" SPRAY SIZING AVAILABLE AT CALICO HUTCH. USE STEAM.
- (HANDY HINT) CLIP THE FAT QUARTERS TO A SKIRT HANGER INSTEAD OF FOLDING THEM FOR EASY TRANSPORTATION WITHOUT NEW WRINKLES.