(Beginner) | 2 Mondays | March 7 & 21 | (1-3:30)
You will thank your lucky stars as you piece together this Atkinson Designs creation. Terry Atkinson writes easy-to-comprehend patterns that will help you learn the basics of cutting, piecing, pressing and assembling your very own Lucky Stars. Pick a kit or choose your own fat quarters and background to make this ever-so-popular throw. Merle’s method of teaching makes her class both fun and relaxing. No pressure here, just a ton of fun and learning! Instructor Merle Stensrud.
Kit and Pattern Available
- Lucky Stars Pattern
- Kit or fabrics as needed according to the pattern
- Sewing machine in good working order, oil if needed
- Quarter foot sewing machine foot if you have one #39 (bring your accessory box if you are not sure)
- Basic sewing machine supplies (needle, thread, pins, scissors, seam ripper)
- All of the following supplies are available at class if you are unsure of exactly what to purchase (20% off discount in store for taking the class)
- 100% cotton thread that matches most of your fat quarters
- Rotary cutter with good blade
- Cutting mat (Calico Hutch has classroom has cutting mats your can use but good to have your own for future use)
- Shape cut ruler if you have one (the one with 1/2” slots for cutting) (I will demonstrate if you have never used one)
- Quilters Ruler 24” and if you have a 12” bring it along
- Optional - Shape cut ruler if you have one (the one with 1/2” slots for cutting and is 12x12”) (I will demonstrate if you have never used one)
- Optional – 9 ½” square ruler
- Cheap paper plates for hosting cut fabric and easy for transportation and stay organized
- Usual quilting supplies that you can think of such as pins, scissors, etc.
PREPARATION BEFORE CLASS:
- Steam press fabric with Best Press or spray sizing before class (not starch). Clip the fat quarters to a pants hanger to transport without wrinkles. Use steam. Spray sizing and Best Press available at the Calico Hutch.